Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Weight Training

Today is a rest day, but I'm jonesing for tomorrow's run. Yesterday after work I stopped by Sports Authority and picked up a set of dumbbells so I can integrate some weight training into my exercise routine. I'd like to work on my biceps, abs and obliques, and pecs, primarily. Space is at a premium in my house, so I picked up a set of Bowflex 220's, which should do nicely: they combine a number of different weights all into one. You just spin the dial to choose how much weight you want, and when you pick it up the unselected weights stay in the holder. They were on sale, with an additional $50 mail-in rebate. Only now I can't find what I did with the receipt, and I need it in order to claim the rebate... drat!

2 comments:

  1. I have seen them on TV and always wondered how they worked. It takes up alot less space then a rack of them would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They seem to work really well. I'm pretty impressed with the quality of construction, and they certainly do save a lot of space.

    ReplyDelete