Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Couch to 5k: Week 6, Day 1

Week 6, Day 1: For some reason, I felt more challenged by today's interval run/walk than I did at the W5D3 20-minute nonstop run. Maybe because there's a cold front today, and it was windy, so it took a little longer to get warmed up? In any event, I did it and I'm looking forward to Thursday's run. Also, my weight is at a new low today: 182.6, compared to my starting weight of 197. It's interesting (for me, at least) to compare the SportBrain pedometer graph, versus the Nike+ graph of the same run.

The Workout:

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:

  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
  • Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
  • Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)
  • Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Concluding with a 5 minute cooldown walk.

I only had about 10 minutes to spare when I got home before I had to wake the girls up to get ready for their first day back at school following winter break. I used that time to ice my legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment