Saturday, January 27, 2007

Couch to 5k: Week 9, Day 1

Week 9, Day 1: Graduation week! Since all of this week's workout runs are the same, it kind of feels like I've already graduated by doing this morning's run and the rest of the week is Senior Week where I can slack off while waiting to be handed my diploma or something. Anyone have a wicking cap and gown I can borrow?


My run this morning was nice - through the park and then back again. When I got back home I noticed that my sportbrain had fallen off, but luckily the clip saved it from being lost and it seems it must have fallen off right at the very end, since it recorded the whole workout. A nice bonus was hearing Lance Armstrong congratulating me on "my longest run yet" courtesy of the Nike+ summary. When I got back I weighed myself and found that I gained .6 pounds, which I attribute to my eating a lot of french fries yesterday. They were zero trans fat, but still full of calories. Between that, and the apple pie the other week, I feel like I'm starting to slip back into my old habits. I'm going to really get back on the stick before I slip off entirely. I'm kind of worried that once I graduate C25K I'll lose some of my motivation. Hopefully, the "One Hour Runner" will help see me through.

Today's run marked my achieving the first checkpoint in my Route 66 roadtrip, as well - I have now passed through Joliet, IL. Funk's Grove, here I come!

The Workout: 5 minute warmup brisk walk, 30 minute run, and then a 5 minute cooldown walk. I did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment