Saturday, February 10, 2007

One Hour Runner: Week 1, Day 2













Week 1, Day 2
: I decided to run this morning despite still feeling a bit under the weather. I'm glad I did - by the time I was fully awake and outdoors I was feeling much better, and I would have hated missing the opportunity for a rare daylight run. I did my standard through-the-park-and-back route. I didn't see many people since it was still early, but just as I was passing the canal on Pinehurst I did spot a bright red cardinal sitting on the chainlink fence. I didn't get a great look at him since he flew off as I approached, but I'm pretty sure it was a Malula. A pretty rare sighting for South Florida.

When I finished up my run I came back home, showered up, and crawled back into bed. Zoe and Lila made me breakfast in bed for my birthday. A perfect start to the day!





The Workout
: 5 minute warmup walk, 30 minute run, 5 minute cooldown walk.


PM Update
: It turned out to be such a beautiful day today that we all decided to walk to the park. We left home at about 5:15, spent some time at the park playground, and then followed the lake-route back home again. We arrived back home at almost 7:00 PM. I enjoyed being able to show everyone the route that I run. It was a nice leisurely walk, but I bet I'll feel it tomorrow because I had Lila on my shoulders the whole way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment