Sunday, September 30, 2007

It's a Small World, After All

This weekend I went to Orlando on business. My family joined me. On Friday they went to the Magic Kingdom while I attended a workshop. I joined them at the park about an hour before it closed. Before the workshop, I woke up early to run. Stacy wasn't crazy about my running in the dark in a strange area, so I agreed to just run on the hotel treadmill. I did, and it wasn't that bad. In fact, I kind of liked it. I'm still feeling it in my upper legs. Not so much in my calves, but more more in my quads than normal. It was very difficult to pace myself - I think I went farther and faster than I do when running outside. Between running in the morning and walking in the park at night, I got in about 21,000 steps: roughly double what I'd normally do on a running day. By the end of the day, my ankle was hurting a bit. Then, on Saturday, we went to Epcot. It was a great way to spend the weekend, and a nice precursor to starting HHST this Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. hi ...
    i am pursuing my masters from VCU. For the purpose of a research study on runners & joggers i have come up with a tiny little survey which will give use more information about runners & joggers in general.
    It would be great if you could participate in my survey. It wont take more than two minutes of your time.

    http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?p=WEB2277ERNQEPQ

    I assure you that this survey is only for educational purpose and to be shared with a class of 23 students.

    thnx for time!

    ReplyDelete