Wednesday, August 8, 2007

C25k: Week 2, Day 3

This morning, week 2 of C25k drew to a close with an unremarkable run. That notwithstanding, here are some remarks about it:

I rolled out of bed this morning 20 minutes early - I'm trying to acclimate myself to the start of the girls' upcoming school year. I figure it will be easier to make the adjustment by waking up a little earlier each day, rather than all of a sudden. So I was a little bleary-eyed this morning, but I was shocked into full alertness just two steps out of bed as I stepped right into a puddle left courtesy of Buddy, the puppy we are dog-sitting. Lovely start to the morning.

The run itself was great. Low humidity, low snail count. Not too buggy, and no rain. I couldn't ask for better. I wore only one shirt, and that really did seem to help keep me cooler. Who'da thunk it? Right at the tail end of the run, as I was doing the final cooldown walk, I spied a ginormous spider sitting in the middle of a web which spanned the sidewalk and attached to a telephone pole. The spider was easily the size of my fist! (Well, maybe the size of my fist if you were looking at me from across a football field). But it was pretty big. I'm pretty sure it waved to me as I passed underneath its web. I'm also pretty sure that, woven into the web and sparkling in the moonlight, were the words "Some Dog," so when I came back home I decided to forgive Buddy for the wonderful wakeup he gave me.

Today's weight: 172.4
Song of the day: Itsy Bitsy Spider

No comments:

Post a Comment