Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Rest Day

I didn't run today, intentionally. I wanted to give my left leg an extra day of rest, since it is the one that was starting to bother me in my last run, and it is also my left ankle that fractured (sprained?), last time around right after C25k graduation. As I get closer to graduation again, and the same amount of intensity and mileage that caused the problem the first time around, I find myself becoming increasingly paranoid that the same thing will happen again. Of course, this time through I've been wearing the right type of running shoes for my feet instead of off-the-shelf "these look nice" sneakers. Hopefully that will make a difference. The other benefit to not running today is that tomorrow I am off work and so will be able to do a sunrise park run.

No comments:

Post a Comment