Saturday, September 8, 2007

C25k: Week 7, Days 2 and 3

I didn't blog about my last run, but run I did. It was a fine, uneventful pre-dawn run made more enjoyable because I was using my own custom playlist with time prompts spoken by Mrs. Roboto. With the completion of that run and today's Day 3 run earlier this morning, I'm now officially on Week 8!

Since this morning's run (W7D3) was a weekend run, I waited until sunrise and ran through the park. It was relatively cool, with low humidity - perfect running weather. I didn't see many other people - just a couple of geriatric racquetball early risers and a few dog walkers, but wildlife abounded: squirrels, turtles, egrets, ducks, geese, and - oh, yes - snails and spiders, too. Some roadkill, too, but that doesn't really count, does it? Fat black bumblebee-like bugs were hovering in the area at one point in the run: I'm not really sure what they were, but we kept our distance from each other. I felt like some kind of bizarro Snow White (only, you know, more manly), with woodland creatures all about me. Just as I finished my cooldown walk, the Chariots of Fire theme started playing on my nano, and so, inspired by it, I ran the short distance remaining back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment