Tuesday, August 14, 2007

C25k: Week 3, Day 3

I am so very pleased to report that on today's run I encountered a grand total of zero arachnids of any size. I only saw a half-dozen or so small mollusks, and I inhaled zero suicidal mouth-dive-bombing flying insects. This is great news to me, but no doubt it will come as a disappointment to the person that was referred to my blog the other day after doing a search for "bugs swallowed stats" on Google. My apologies to you for such an uneventful run. As it turns out, my blog is ranked #8 on Google (out of 834,000) for that particular search, coming in just below Amazon's listing for the children's book There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly. I take that to mean it is time for me either to redirect my focus or to start writing a children's book about my adventures.

Today marked the end of Week 3. I almost did the beginning of Week 4, by accident, as I couldn't remember if I had already done day 3 of Week 3 or not. It was a bit of a let down to finally remember (by looking back at my blog, actually) that I had only done days One and Two. It was particularly disappointing because it meant I had one more day of listening to the Week 3 C25k podcast. While I love Robert Ullrey's podcasts and appreciate him so much for having put them together, the music on them is hit or miss for me. Some weeks contain songs that are quite catchy and have actually made it into regular rotation on my playlist (like "Operator" by dePresleys), but Week 3 contains a particularly annoying track that just keeps repeating the lyrics "My love is your love/and your love is mine" spoken by a woman with a vaguely eastern European accent. She must say it literally hundreds of times. Over and over. Argh! I'd much prefer to eat a fly than to listen to that particular song for another day. Luckily, now that I'm done with week 3, I can move on and be done with her. (Though I have a vague recollection that the song may be back on the playlist in week 8 or 9 -- something to look forward to).

EDITED TO ADD: Update! This just in! Apparently, including the phrase "bugs swallowed stats" in this post (I just did it again!) has pushed me to the number one site on Google for that phrase. Take that, Old Lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment