Monday, August 6, 2007

C25k - Week 2, Days 1 and 2

On Saturday, I did a gentle circuit through the park as my first run of Week 2. It was so pleasant and uneventful that I forgot to blog about it later that day. No pain or soreness afterward, though I definitely felt the burn in my calves by the final run. Today, Monday morning, I did Week 2 Day 2. It, too, was pretty smooth sailing. Very muggy and buggy, but far fewer snails. I almost didn't go, because there was a lot of lightning throughout the night. The light show had mostly died down by the time I headed out at 6 AM, and by then the storm was so far away I couldn't even hear the thunder. By the end of the run I was sweating up a storm of my own, and I was grateful for the slow, fat drops of rain that started in the final leg of my run. Not enough to soak me - just enough to cool down a bit.

Winter morning runs in South Florida start cold but after running a bit you no longer feel the cold at all. Summer runs, on the other hand, start hot and stay hot. Turns out I definitely prefer the former. For my next run, I'll not wear my inner wicking tee and just wear the loose outer one. I'm sure that will make a big difference. I started the habit of double-layering when running last time around, in the winter, both for warmth and so that the inner compression shirt would help keep my fat from jiggling as I ran. This time out I don't need the warmth and my fat is gone, so it's time to lose the compression layer. W2D3, here I come.

Today's weight: 173.6 (still right about where I started, but I'm not concerned).
Bugs swallowed: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment