Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Couch to 5k: Week 5, Day 1


Week 5, Day 1. My weight held steady at 184.6, which is good considering I ate not so healthily and was expecting to see it on the scale. Today's workout was a mixed bag: it started out humid, and ended with a light drizzle (which felt nice). Somewhere after the second five minute run, I accidentally rewound the workout. Rather than trying to find my place again, I just paced myself against the Nike+ time for the final five minutes, and the last brisk walk and cooldown. I also went much farther than I intended, because I failed to turn around at the half-way point. So, in addition to being my hardest workout to date, it also was my longest. It also marked the first time I got to use the Petzl Tikka Plus headlamp - I love it: what a difference!

The Workout:

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:

  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
  • Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
  • Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)

I followed this with about a 10 minute cooldown walk, in the misting rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment